RanTagum
HELLO!!! WELCOME TO DESTINYRAN FORUM... BE GOOD AND GOD BLESS ALWAYS! DONT FORGET TO VOTE JUST CLICK THE ICON
"VOTE FOR POINTS"
Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players 120595
BY: ADMIN LOURENCE

RanTagum
HELLO!!! WELCOME TO DESTINYRAN FORUM... BE GOOD AND GOD BLESS ALWAYS! DONT FORGET TO VOTE JUST CLICK THE ICON
"VOTE FOR POINTS"
Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players 120595
BY: ADMIN LOURENCE

RanTagum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RanTagum Private Server

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
CLICK TO VOTERan Online free servers
Ranonline
Ran Online Servers
Ran Online

Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frost13
KinderGarten
KinderGarten
Frost13

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players Empty
PostSubject: Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players   Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:54 pm

These are my suggestions based on my some observation about the server.
Some of my suggestions may result to a major change and some will just be minor

Lets start with the items

1. Item Price Consistency - There are some npc that sell the same items but different prices. To old and veteran players of RanTagum, the price of the items in different npc will not affect you coz you know already where to buy those items with the cheapest amount of gold that will be used. But to Newcomers, this might be a subject for discouragement for playing. For the reason of disappointment from buying items with such high price compared to other npc.

List of Items with different prices.
a. Campus Return Card
b. Car Ticket
c. Store Permit
d. Trans. Card
e. Bk. Point Pass
f. St. Point Pass
g. RanTagum Clothes
h. Baro't Saya F
i. Barong Tagalog M
j. High Class Recv Pot
The best way to do is set a permanent price of the same items at different Npc.

2. Weapon Special Functions - There are several weapons sold at the npc with almost the same damage, prices, upgrades and expiration dates. But they differ in one thing, Special Functions. Players will be forced to buy the item with the best special functions coz they will still have advantage with those item without adding an amount to be spent in buying.

Take for example the Chicken bow and Sharp bow. These items are almost the same although they differ in their special functions. So the chicken bow will be sold more compared to the sharp bow. Then the sharp bow will be useless and it might be forever.

Either change the Item price with the better special functions or change the special functions that it will be the same as other items. The price of the item must be reasonable to its functions and ability.

3. Weapon Oversupply and Shortage - I observed that there are more sword sold by the npc at the market place compared to other weapons. As a result, more players choose Swordsman as their character so they can use Swords with the best stats for the reason that they have more choices of weaponry. While the Spears and staff are barely noticeable. One of the best swords that are sold at the market has 280 damage while the spear has only 134.

Best thing to do is create more weapons like spears and staffs until such that other weapons will have the same number as the number of swords sold at the npc. I know one npc cant hande those in the same time. Better create 4 npc that will sell their respective weaponry so players will have no difficulties in finding their item of choice.

4. Armor Shortage - I know that because of this, the game will have more challenge and will not be boring. But because also of this, Players, specially newcomers, have difficulty in doing some quest like the first 2 Lourence's Request Quest and Map Entrance Quest and resulting to quest failures due to the fragility of the player. Even there are free Infinity armor+9 for 7 days, still remember they have 0 defense with an additional of 27 defense.

It would be better if some npc shall sell armors with expiration date but not as many as the weapons just the type of armor that can help players not to be killed easily even the monsters that are not boss type. With these armors newcomers might have the chances to finish their respective quest with time limit.

5. Quest Problems - I found out that there are certain quest that are very difficult to finish with a limited time allotted for the quest to be finished and that quests only appears during the time when players dont have reborn yet. Map entrance quest is a boring quest to deal with. Some of the Map entrance quests take time for the player to finish it. And some of the players dont know where to get the quest for the map entrance quest.

The Lourence's Request Quest with time limits would be easier if it will be given after the first reborn.

Private server are a lot easier and more fun compared to official server. And that is one thing that players want, easy and fun. Map Entrance Quest are very boring and sometimes difficult to other players. It might be better if the Map Entrance Quests will be removed and all the players can go where ever they want. Monsters that they will encounter is enough to be a hindrance to a place they wanted to go to.

6. Voting - This will help the server a lot in terms of ranking. Voting is valid only every 12 hours. So its not counted if the same IP address will be voting every now and then. Set section at the website where every time a player will vote they will get prizes such as Exp Get Premium Bundle. So players will be voting for the server every 12 hours. Every time after they vote their in game account will have the prize and its up to them if they have to claim it or collect it in the website without the items getting to the item bank.

This will result to a better rank of the server and over creation of accounts for those prizes.

7. Events - I also observed that the events are very few and some of them are given to all characters freely. And some of the moderators are not that always active.

There should be enough moderators that will help heat up the playing of the players. And it would be better if the events will be done almost everyday and it will need some skills, im referring to knowledge, abilities and luck of players. So every time there are events players will be willing to join and not like free items that will be given even if your not online.

One thing that will attract people to play private servers are everyday events. More Players, More votes, More fun.

These are only my opinions and suggestions.
And this is my way on how to help improve the server.
Im not mandating the administrators and moderators on what to do.
They still have the choice to consider my suggestions or not.
Feel free to post some reactions, but please do respect my opinions.
Back to top Go down
lourence8
Administrator
Administrator
lourence8

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players   Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 pm

ok i will answer it base to ur number

for number 1.

u notice that NPC sell different price it is because.. market have tax thats why they have different item

for number 2.

when u notice from other server.. they dont sell Funny weapons, for the they choose if they want to equip that item, example (chicken and sharp bow) but some player like to equip ep4 weapon but high price when you buy it..

for number 3.

i think its fair.. count the weapon availability.. but when u notice shaman ep4 weapons is not sell in NPC but u can loot it in chaos map but other ep4 weapon like SM,Brawler and Archer are not lootable..

for number 4.
i choose to lower the drops of armors bcoz too high item drop will result to item useless... ive been a Ranatic for 4 yrs and a player of a private server for 1 yr and notice that high item drop is not fun anymore...
thats

for number 5.

the quest is fair i think.. i test it b4 releasing it... the main reason why i put it a Limit for the advantage of a donator of a skills (so donator have big differences to non-donator)

for number 6.

yes ur suggestion is Good but sad to say.. im not a computer graduate and not expert in making script.. Im a BSN gradaute (Bachelor Of Science in Nursing)
thats why im giving 2 exp get premium box every 15days if RanTagum will remain in TOP 1 as a reward for all player..

for number 7

when u notice My EM's (Event Moderator) are not active now.. but im secretly observing players who's online everyday and planing to hire them as a part of RanTagum team
and You Notice ME as a GM are not active in game.. im busy to the server like making New patch (for server goods) and now doing my file to insert ALL skills in new players (from 7 to 207 skills) so they can go lvl fast and finish the quest

BTW

thank you for this suggestion
Back to top Go down
Frost13
KinderGarten
KinderGarten
Frost13

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players   Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm

One more thing I forgot, I noticed that some quest are in bisaya language. It would be nice if translate the quest in english, so that foreigners will have a chance to play RanTagum. Well my point is, It would be better if the server will be converted into an International Server even without changing the name of the game. Just change the language on quests. And also you might be having some donations from people who are out of the country so maybe add some ways how to donate from outside the country.

Note: Im not a foreigner, Im 100% Pinoy
Trip lang mag english
Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players 431779
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players   Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggested Changes That Might Help The Server As Well As The Players
Page 1 of 1